Maybe he does care?

Ok, so I've been seeing this guy for almost 4 months on and off, the first guy I've seen since my divorce. My friend is dating his best friend and she hooked us up. Instant sparks...had not felt that way in a LONG time. There's something there, I can feel it. He 's made it perfectly clear that he doesn't want a serious relationship right now, and that's fine if that's the way he feels right now, but the thing is, I do. I do want a realtionship, I can't help it, that's the way I feel. I don't want him out of my life, because I really do care a lot about him, and I'm just hoping that maybe he will come around eventually. I don't want to pressure him, or push him away, and I've been asked out by other men, I just don't want to go out with them, I want to be with him. Should I wait around and see if things are going to change or cut my losses? I know this is going to hurt like HECK if I have to let him go!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Stop and read your own question as if someone else was asking it. Probably alarm bells would ring and you'd advise this woman to break this off now before she gets hurt. The guy has been up front that he isn't interested in a relationship, and if she pursues it then he can always say I told her so, not my fault. Give the other guys a chance and try to get over this one.

Answer by Bmat at 8:29 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• So you've been seeing him a whole 4 months, and you recently got divorced? Now all of a sudden, you can't live without him? You really should back up and look at the situation, I think you're trying to move faster than what you should. Think about this, if he doesn't want a serious relationship now, will he ever? If you have other guys asking you out, go see what you may be missing with them before you totally discount them. Good Luck!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• You need to listen to the other to posters....you are headed into some serious doodoo............
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 8:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I'll be the devil's advocate here;

When i met my fiance, i was FRESH out of my marriage. Yes, sparks flew immediately. We were just "friends" at first, but not denying that there IS something there. I remember him telling me that we could never be together, & that he is not sure if he wants a relationship yet. But i hung in there. I treated him as if he was just a good friend, & yes i did put my heart out there w/ the chance of it getting stomped on. But, it seemed worth it to me. I would rather have had my friendship w/ him & get hurt, then never have been friends with him. WELL, all it took for him to change his mind was when i went on a 2 1/2 week vacation without him. He nearly lost it. When i was not around, & when he did not know what i was doing & with who....he realized that he DID want me by his side. And that was the first time he told me he loved me. We have been together now for 4 years, & we're totally
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:01 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• FYI, i was seeing my guy for about 4 months too when we realized how much we were in love.

When your in love, you know it. Sometimes it takes a long time to understand your love towards someone, but sometimes you know right away. I knew right away.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:03 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Pump the brakes because if you pressure this man, you'll have yourself on an emotional rollercoaster, going full speed & it will only be your fault...
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 3:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2009