I need a list...please give me some answers.....

Ok heres the deal. I dont see my childs father fit to take our child for sleep overs yet. Our daughter is only a few months old. What are some things that he should know so he would be able to take her over night? Some things I come up with are her nap & eating schedule...her cries...etc....please give me your thoughts of what he needs to know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• bathing instructions
    playing time (tummy time) limits
    make sure he sets up a baby monitor if she doesn't sleep in his room so he can hear her.
    how and when to burp her
    how to tell if she is sick
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My guess is you didn't know all this when you had the baby either. So let him learn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• If it's just for one night, I'd have him skip bathtime unless it's a nightly routine for her. My husband only bathes our 2 year old and is literally terrified of bathing our baby lol. Other than that, I think everything the first poster said should be enough information for him to get through the night. Also, make sure he knows how long to heat up breastmilk for or if she's formula fed make sure he know show to mix it correctly.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:01 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I would write down a list of importants for him. Don't go over board. However he bonds with her will be fine. Daddys all do things a little diffrent than the mommys. It doesn't mean it's the wrong way, just diffrent.
    Write down:
    sleep and eat schedule
    important phone numbers: ped's. office, possion control, etc.
    show him EXCACTLY how to do car seat and carrier
    remind him "back to sleep" no pillows, etc.
    give him too many of everything. Extra clothes and diapers. Just incase he messes up a few times. LOL
    But, she will be fine with someone doing it a little diffrent than you. The more you tell him he is doing it wrong or something, the more he may stop trying to do it. Gl and relax mama. Atleast you have a dad that wants to try.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Of course you should make a list of the more important aspects, like feeding and sleep schedules, but the other stuff he will only learn by doing, the same way you learned. There is a world of difference between being able to recite a list, and being able to take care of a baby. You felt comfortable enough to have this baby with this man, so hopefully you think of him as responsible. The longer you wait and put off the overnight visits, the harder it will be for you to let her go at all.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2009