How many woman gave birth with no meds, not even something to relax?

So was it by accident or were you a trooper and stuck it out? I never had anything for pain, etc. I have four kids. two are twins. One of my son's was 10 lbs. Just wondering if anyone else has done this?

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• You are my hero.

I had an epidural and everything, but no meds. The woman across the hall from me very obviously had nothing for pain. She moaned and groaned for like five hours. Then they left her SCREAMING, WAILING child in the room for another hour or two. Luckily my daughter stopped screaming soon after they swaddled her, yikes!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:03 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I never had that feeling of relief, I get jealous sometimes when I watch the baby network and see all the mothers feeling no pain, lol while I sat their and felt like I was going to die for hours! =(
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Well i had 2 out of 5 with no meds. I was to chicken to have an Epidural and with the pain meds it doesn't really do much anyway except make you feel stoned. It really was a lot better without, I was more aware of what was going on and made the experince much more rewarding.
    jmann83

Answer by jmann83 at 9:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Did you choose to not have anything or did you come in too late? I was induced, and I went through about an hour of paaaaainful contractions. And those weren't even the worst ones. Luckily I had the epidural when the worst ones hit. I was in labor for 13.5 hours.

I really have a newfound respect for moms who do it without an epidural or pain meds. Like I said, you guys are my heroes :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Wow, you had a 10 lb baby and no pain meds? That is so amazing girl! My 2nd child was 10 lbs and it seemed as if my contractions were stronger than with my 1st baby who was only 6 lbs, but then again my body was trying to squeeze her head through my pelvis and it wouldn't fit so I wound up having a c-section. I did stick it out for a long time the 2nd time without my epidural, I was induced at 8 pm and asked for the epi around 4 am, when they up'ed the pitocin to make me contract hard. I wish I could be strong enough to stick it out without the epi, but I'm too chicken!! Lol, plus I might've had to have a general anesthetic for the c-section if I hadn't asked for the epi.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• lol thanks, its ffunny because when you think of it now your like well maybe it wasnt that bad but then you really have to think about it and remember oh hell ya it was bad enough for you to scream and be in the worse pain of your life. You might not rememeber the feeling exactly but you know that it hurt like hell! lol I would love to see a man go through that!!! ya righ!
    I got there to late with my twin daughters, and my two other boys I feel like because i was a teen ager they treated me like shit, and I was yound and didnt really know what to ask for?? I was treated alot different I was in my adult years.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 9:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• yup 10 lbs of all head i ripped front to back to! omg but the pain was so bad that I didnt even feel the pain of the tearing! I just kept saying why the hell is it burning!! ya lets just say that was one of the most bitter sweet days of my life
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I had drugs... and everything is fine.

I am not going to try to be a superwoman...lol What would I be wanting to prove to talk about it later when it really doesn't mean anything to no one just to you...so what...take the drugs...Dont' brag just be happy you had a healthy baby.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Sorry, I have no respect for moms who purposely don't get pain meds. You wouldn't get a tooth pulled without getting numbed first. I mean everyone can make their own decision on what they want done, but because someone decides to feel all the pain of it instead of being relaxed and having a nice birth that is their decision. BUT I DO NOT have "respect" for them. To me- its just kinda stupid. However- I have respect for ALL mothers who have given birth period. Because we are ALL troopers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• are you kidding me right now? lmfao! get a life, and stop being so miserable...damn you must have a sad sad life where you have to get all defensive about taking pain meds. you really have me laughing over here at how dumb you sound right now. No one said I want a award for it, I was simply asking if other mothers did..Shit if i had the option I would have gotten them. Learn some respect you miserable b*tch. oops sorry dont like what i just said then dont come at me in a disrespectful way for no reason what so ever other than you like to be miserable. Go for a walk, drink some coffee, do something to snap yourself out of it. lol
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 9:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2009