What do you think about a women who is with a much older man.

I am 25 and my husband is 39. Trust me i didn't marry him for money either. My mom gives me a hard time about it cause her new husband is the same age as mine. And i always get a lot of questions about it. What is the problem? What do all you other women think about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm 27, & my fiance is 40. I don't give a rats ass what anyone has to say about our relationship. He is my BEST friend, & we click perfectly together. We always joke around that he is too immature for his age, & that i am very mature for my age....so we kind of meet at a similar level of maturity. Despite our age gap, we have a lot of things in common. He is a great man, & he is so good to me, it is very easy for both of us to keep each other happy. So, screw your mom. Obviously she is dating a younger man, how much younger is he?

So, i think it's fine. People are going to judge you guys though, & wonder if it will work. Just love each other & pay no attention to stupid people who think they know everything.

Tell her sincerely that you do not appreciate her comments, & that you are now old enough to make your own decisions. She will learn to get over it. Age means nothing in reality......
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• As long as he treats you right with love and respect who cares, age is just a number sometimes...

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I really have know problem with anyone dating any age difference..

Hope you still feel this way 20 years from now.When he is a senior citizen.

Answer by louise2 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My SMIL is about to turn 41 (I think) in Sept. and my FIL will be 57 next Jan. if you ask them, AGE IS JUST A NUMBER. If your both happy, GOOD FOR YOU. Screw anyone else who says anything negative or gives you a hard time about the age difference. What your Mom says to you about his age shows a real LACK of maturity on her part!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• i really think its nasty when the woman is like 19-20 and the manes 40-50 ... i swear i seen someone on here like this! this girl is yooooung , and this man is old as hell , partially grey hair , wrinkles EVERYWHERE! ... eww , think about the kids , by the time they're like 5 , he'll be dead lol ... but if its not nasty, than so what ... i mean a few yrs difference is cool to me , but 20-30 ew!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My parents are 11 years apart. My dad was in his late 40 when I was born. As he gets older it gets so hard for my mom. I always knew my dad as an old man. The same for my mom. Very old fashioned and so strict. With her but not with me. She had a tough time. I would not reccomend it. Maybe that's why I blew off mr gorgeous at 33 when I was 21.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My parents are 13 years apart.  My mom was 25 and my dad was 38 when they married.  They were happily married until my father passed away 5 days before their 49th wedding anniversary.

Who cares what anyone thinks!  As long as you and your husband love each other then nothing else matters.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My ex was 38 and I was 19, we loved eachother and he wasnt wrinkley or gross- I just didnt like his baggage- Kids and ex wife and what not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I'm sure there are many who do well marrying older folks. My x married a woman half his age and it's worked out well. They both are stupid and deserve each other (ok I didn't mean for that unresolved anger to spew out). Many times the older man is just trying to reclaim his youth and doesn't care who the person is, just that she's young to make him feel like he's still young. Sometimes it is for money and security that a young woman latch on to an older more established man. There are even more times when an older man finds a young woman so he can mold her into his Stepford Wife. These are some of the reasons folks have a problem with older men and young women. My children have a problem with their step mother being the same age or younger than they are and they treat her with such disrespect. I'm not proud of them doing that but they do. If your's is true love then I'm happy for you and hope no one got hurt by you getting him

Answer by admckenzie at 10:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My dad is married to a woman my age. She is actually three days younger than me. It is really strange to me. I get why he is with her she is younger and looks exactly like my mom when she was younger. I am sure that was nice for him. My dad has money so I get why she is with him. The problem is as she is 37 the age my mom was when he dumped her. My dad has informed this woman he is in love with someone else. The new woman is only 23 and looks just like she did at that age. As long as you did not get him from an affair where he was trading for a new model I would not worry about it. If you did get him that way I would worry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2009