How do I keep my kiddo distracted enough not to be thirsty?

I'm trying to make sure he stays in bed as long as possible today, but due to unfourtunate genetics he has to have all of his front teeth capped in about two hours. He has to be put under for this. It is a 30 minute car ride there. How should I keep him occupied so that he won't notice that he hasn't gotten breakfast or anything to drink (we aren't supposed to give him anything)?

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 9:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am not a fan of bribery, but I believe that now would be a good time to buy him a new toy for the ride.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 11:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Aww, poor guy! Have someone sit in the back seat with him and distract him. I would just try to make sure someone was talking to him or he had something interesting to do the entire time!! Good luck!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• you can do your best to be obnoxious and leep his attn, but chances are you are going to just have to bite the bullet on this one and just do your best. sing songs and make faces and be generally crazy. hope this goes fast for ya!
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 9:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Poor tyke. A new and exciting toy to keep his attention?

Answer by Bmat at 9:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2009