my 3yr old son son bleeds every once in a while is that normal ?

he nose started bleeding every once in awhile but im woundering if its normal or is he too young for that . my nose bleeds all time since i was a lil girl until now it does when im in heat im wondering if its the same thing but im thinking hes too young for that. if anyone can help me please leave commments i been reseaching it and i been putting vicks to keep it moist but if you know of something i dont please respond thank you cafe moms-------pierresmommy------

MS.VERONICA

Asked by MS.VERONICA at 9:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sometimes allergys cause nose bleeds. And allergys can show up as young as 2. You may want to take him to a nose,ear throat doctor and have him tested for alllergys. If anything try a little bit of benydryl might help. They even have zyrtec for kids that comes in little melt strips, works well my my little ones.
    jmann83

Answer by jmann83 at 9:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• The air he is breathing may be too dry for him. My daughter does the same thing but our home is dry. I don't know how to describe it...We bought a humidifier and her bleeding stopped.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:15 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I don't know about vicks. Vaseline, maybe, or whatever the doctor says. I agree take him to a specialist, and one who also specializes in treating children, if you have one in your area.

Answer by Bmat at 9:32 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My son has that too. Dr says it is perfectly normal as long as it doesn't bleed for long periods of time or is unstoppable. Try a saline spray.or a humidifier in his bedroom. Do not put vicks, vaseline or anything up in his nose other than the saline type spray as it can cause problems.
    jwaren

Answer by jwaren at 2:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• It *might* be perfectly normal for him, but I'd still mention it to his doctor just in case. I used to have a lot of nose bleeds as a kid and ended up having to have surgery to correct it when I was a teen.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 7:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• my brother was the same way if the air in the house is dry try to get a humidifier this will help. my brother had to get his no cauterized(sp) when he went into the navey so when he got bumped in the face he wouldnt bleed all over.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 8:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Actually, I had this same problem growing up as a kid. I would get random nose bleeds for no reason. The doctors always told my mother and me that it was normal as long as it didn't bleed for too long...
    Mrs.Wasson

Answer by Mrs.Wasson at 11:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2009