I know - it's none of my business - of course it's not, but anyway.
My MIL and I are quite close - she is nearing 50, and has 3 grown up kids. Who do not want any more siblings.
she is going through a really rough time of "empty nest syndrome" - and is saying she is ready for another child.
My objections (which I haven't voiced, because i'm worried it will offend her) are,
1. She is just going through a phase and she might regret it.
2. She was a bit of a lousy mom IMO, her children are not very emotionally healthy people.
3. She smokes - and she smoked through her first 3 pregnancies.
4. Her house is really messy - she barely cleans.
5. She is single (she plans to do IVF0 - and she would have to work while this baby went to daycare.
should i say anything?
i know her kids won't say anything to her, they will just resent her - but they will not tell her not to do this...
what to do, what
Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in General Parenting
Answer by amy31308 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2009
Answer by Bmat at 9:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2009
Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2009
Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2009