More women in politics, less scandal??

All these cheating azz men lately is just disheartening. Do you think if there were more women we would have less sex scandals? I know that women cheat too, but not at the rate that men do.

A woman who has had to work twice as hard as a man to get to the top in business and politics is less likely to risk losing her position for something as stupid as sex or an extramarital affair....True or false??

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• False. Not every woman who get up in the political world got their by working twice as hard, some of them get their on their backs. People will be people and power will go to their heads. There is always going to be some scandal (whether sexual or not) going on. Lacking a penis doesnt = less or no scandal.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I think a woman would appreciate her position and wouldn't abuse her power or do anything to jeoprodize it
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• It would be no different at all.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:49 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

Understood, but men (MOST not ALL) are more driven by their sexual nature than (most not all) women. On top of the fact that while not always but a good portion of the time, women DO have to work harder to get less.....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Maybe less sex scandals, but the women politicians in my area seem to be prone to embezzlement and fraud.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I think its true.So far, I haven't heard of any women who are governors or senators accused of having an affair. I also agree with Zarviemom19, women do have to work harder than men to get to the top and that may make her think twice about doing that.
    tish0607

Answer by tish0607 at 9:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• well with people like Senator Boxer from CA interrupting a brigadier general because of how she wants to be addressed, we have more of an uphill battle. She made of fool of herself and set woman back 50 years in politics. That "I am woman, hear me roar" and call me Senator BS was just stupid, tacky, self-absorbed, and inappropriate.

She is the laughing stock among MANY men now, good luck to woman running for office with this bird-brain setting the bar!

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 10:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• True as far as the sex scandal thing, but women bring their own challenges along to the work force.

I mean look at how well we all get along. . .

The other night nothing was. Going on over here so I checked out just for fun. Someone had asked a tipping question, and I answered honestly. Woman went to my page, checked out my pic, and promptly accused me of being rich and snooty, with fake lips. Grrrrr.

She had received a gift, that didn't include gratuity, and she wanted to hear that it was ok to go to a spa and not tip.

I think we need a fair balance of both, and to get rid of the corrupt and randy ones.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:44 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Nope cause all those women you want to see in office would still have all these dirt bag husbands out cheating on them; and then they'd say - oh my wife was sooo busy running the state I felt neglected; and it will be even more drama....
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• It wouldn't be any different . A lot of women abuse their power - Pelosi and Boxer for instance.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 25, 2009