how long after you lost your nucus plug did labor start?

Katiesmommy07

Asked by Katiesmommy07 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was in labor when I lost my mucus plug. I lost it, went to the hospital (at the advice of my OB and my aunt) and was told "yup, you're in labor". However, I do know that sometimes it can be a couple weeks to a month before labor starts after you lose your mucus plug.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• same day/ very early labor both times.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I gradually lost my plug over a weekend and had my baby that Friday, so about 1 week.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 10:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I never noticeably lost mine that I know of and my water just suddenly broke in the middle of the night. My sister lost her mucus plug in one big chunk and 2 weeks later she was 3 weeks past due and had to be induced. Every woman is just so different.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:37 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I lost mine slowly over a week and when it stopped coming I went into labor.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I don't think I ever lost mine. If I did it must have been at the hospital when I was in labor, but they didn't ever tell me.
    Anonymous