abortion

i had an abortion 6 years ago. i felt like i was too young then, and too inmature to have a child. since then, i have left the father of that baby, gotten married, and had a little boy that i love more than anything. i cant stop thinking about the abortion though. i think about it everyday. i regret it everyday. i look at my son and cant believe i did what i did to another baby. what can i do to get past this, and feel better about it, or just find some relief from the pain i feel all the time. are there any websites? and i would really appreciate nobody telling me how bad a person i am, trust me, i already know and feel it all the time. just need some guidance. thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I had a friend who had one.. regretted it so i looked around for her. Planned Parenthood knows of support groups you can go to. They have pamplets. Just call and ask about it or go in and ask. also if you open up your phonebook, abortion related stuff is in the very beginning almost and there should be support groups listed for abortion. There is a website but i can't find it now that was a support group. Sorry you had to go through that. I hope i was at least some kind of help for you
    starmoonlight

Answer by starmoonlight at 10:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Birth right has support groups, also there is a support group here on CAFE Mom, just not sure what its called. you're prolly gonna get A LOT of rude comments about your post, saying things like "you should feel bad" and things of that nature, don't read into them, we all make those choices for reasons that are our own. pay no attention to the Anti abortionist and rude haters out there. You feel enough pain. good luck hon, if you need to talk I'm here.

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I had one and I feel that it was the best choice that I ever made. I went out with the father of the baby for about 4 years and he started to become abusive, if I had the baby I would have had to have a connection to him for the rest of my life. I had no regrets when I had the abortion, it was just a relief to get it over with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Maybe you just have to much time your hands, so you sit around and dwell on things that are not important anymore, abortion..........if done early is not really that big of a deal. Focus on the child that you have now or maybe get a job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• God forgave you and now you have a new blessed little boy. Channel your love and energy to helping him live the best life he can. Teach him the best!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I am so sorry you have had to go through this.  You can find some support here.

hugging

ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• maybe share your story with other girls looking into abortion. Stats show that abortion causes severe mental life-long trauma - maybe people need more awareness about this, before making an emotional difficult, life changing decision. Maybe look into counseling others.

Your story could help millions of girls!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I had an abortion myself and I do not regret it because of the situation however just like you I look at my daughter and think about it. It's like I feel what if it was her? My beautiful awesome little girl what if I did that to her? I think about it as though it wasn't the right time and it was not the right person to be a father and I had my daughter because she was made out of love. Pure love. Her father and I have split however he is an awesome daddy and we love each other just are doing very different things in our lives and can not be together right now. You should know that I believe that when a woman has an abortion or a MC that little soul waits until you are ready. Maybe your son i sthat soul and knew this time you were ready and came to you and wants to make that pain go away. I know my daughter did. Just remember you did what you had to do at that time and you were blessed with your son.PM me if you want.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• You are grieving for your child and that is perfectly normal. Find a grief group or a therapist that deals in it. My sister had an abortion at 16 weeks she was very depressed for a long time until she got some help. She is doing much better now. The pain does not fully go away but it will get better.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Hugs! I think you should make an appointment with a grief counselor. If that is not an option, then I would look into finding a grief or loss group. They are meant to be a support group for anyone who has experienced a loss.
    I hope you find a good support system to help you deal with this.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2009