why would anyone bring an infant to the pool?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Um, to cool off. Why wouldn't they?
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Whats wrong with that?
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I do. I lather my son up in baby sunscreen,put a hat on him and he comes inside the pool. He is 3 months and loves the water.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Er...to swim?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• To swim, to have fun, to get them used to water, to cool down, to play, to bond - many reasons.
    I can't really think of 1 reason not to - they make swim diapers, so that one is out.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 10:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Well....are we talking a few days old? That might be crazy, but otherwise, why not? As long as the baby doesn't get overheated or too much sun, it seems okay to me. Also, sometimes a baby isn't someone's first child! If you have older kids that have to go out and do things the younger one winds up going out earlier and more often for that reason. They are just incorporated into the daily life of the family as opposed to being the center of the universe. Funny thing, too, you find that is okay once you have to do it! In fact, in many ways it is easier.....more natural and probably better for the baby.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:29 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My 7 month old twins have been swimming at Lifetime Fitness several times. They get waterproof baby sunblock and stay in the 0-1ft beach area of the pool with me and my husband. They absolutely LOVE it.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 10:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I have never had a doctor yet advise taking a baby to a public pool that was under 6 months of age. Immune systems are just being built, and they cannot control their body temperature well yet when under 6 months.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I can't really think of 1 reason not to - they make swim diapers, so that one is out.

Swim diapers only hold in solids, there are outbreaks of all kinds at pools (especially those at amusement parks), there are chemicals in the water (to help prevent the aforementioned outbreaks), but, hey as long as you can't think of one reason....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2009