HCG update and question

Last week i had my 48 hcg screen and levels increased. so this week i had them again I am 5 weeks. my hcg is 1719 but my progesterone dropped to 11 from 19. because of two previous miscarriages he wants me to start progesterone pills. has anyone else been in this situation?

longonevs

Asked by longonevs at 10:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• has he labeled it a threatened miscarriage yet?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• At 5 w 3 days My levels were above12,000
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• At 6 weeks 2 days my hcg was at 64286 but those numbers vary by quite a bit person to person. My progesterone dropped from 20 to 15 and she started me immediately on prometrium 200mg 2 times a day. It's an oral med but she has me taking it vaginally so it is right where it is needed. Check with your doc about that option. I have had two miscarriages since August 08 so I am very much in the same situation as you. The pills are expensive but so far, I've had no problems. I am 8 weeks 1 day today.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• 11 is low, but not low enough to give up. And the fact that your hcg is still raising is great. Progesterone is no big deal really... I took the suppositories with my last 2 pregnancies, my little girl is almost 2 and I am due with the other one next week. The side effects are the same as pregnancy symptoms so it wont be that different, just feel like you are having worse pregnancy symptoms, or at least I did. I took it for the forst 12 weeks with mine with no problems. After about a week of taking it I would ask foir a retest to see if it is still working efficiently as some types absorbe better, there are oral pills, shots, and the suppositories. Good luck.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2009