Who else here got American Girl catalouges as a kid? Did your parents ever get you one of the dolls?

EternalChild86

Asked by EternalChild86 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, and EVERY year for birthday and christmas I asked for one, I never got it. "its to expensive"
    I will NEVER deprive my child from a doll, lol.
    it brings back years of tears on christams morning. LOL
    god- now I need a peice of cheesecake!
    lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I don't think I saw the catalogs until I was a little old for them. I still thought all the stuff was cool, but it didn't ask for any of it. When I was younger I loved the books and got them from the library all the time and I got a paper doll set of Kirsten, Samantha, and Molly one year. I loved those paper dolls!
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I had a ton of the dolls, I still have most of them and I will give them to my DD when shes a little older. I loved it. I also had the books.
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• omg i lovvvvved those mags!! lol ... i had 20 dolls , plus SO many clothes for each , like in the back they had like desks or pets or something to go w/ the doll , so i got those too ... theyre in storage at my dads now , til we move and i have somewhere to put them for Harmoni later
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 10:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• i got the book and always wanted a doll but never asked 4 one ..so i never got 1
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My parents gave me the Josephina doll for Christmas one year. My older sister was always jealous because she had wanted the Felicity doll for the longest time, so when she was already in her 20s, my mother got her for her! I plan to spoil my daughter with that catalouge. I do wish they would go back to putting more attention on the historical dolls though.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• YES! I got Addy for Christmas when I was 10. My mom talks to this day about how "Caitlin wanted the black one. The ONLY black one. She could've had any of the white ones, but she liked the black one."

Aww, I was so racially tolerant even at ten *rolls eyes* I still have her sitting around somewhere. I wanted all of the dolls, but they're obviously SO expensive. My cousin has a Kit Kittredge doll, they're made so much better nowadays than my Addy was made. I might get my daughter one of those lookalike dolls one day.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:15 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Yes, I have two Kiersten and Addy and my sister had Felicity and Samantha. I just requested a catalog the other day but my daughter is only 14 months she is not quite ready for them yet.
    Ashley53

Answer by Ashley53 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• They didn't have them when I was a girl, at least I had never heard of them then.
    I saw them, and loved them, when my daughters were girls and wished I could have afforded them each one, but they were SO EXPENSIVE!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Yep.
    I have Molly, Josephina, and Keirsten.
    Josephina has been sitting in a box for three or four years...her arm fell off and we never got around to sending her to the doll hospital.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2009