Baby clothes question?

I put a onesie on Jacob says its 6-9 months and its tight on him! ugh! So I put this gap 1 piece outfit and that say 6-12 months and it fits him perfect! The length fits him...So I guess he should be wearing 9-12 month clothing:(? He is only 3 months!

He weighs 16 pounds even and 26 1/2 inches long:)

jessduncan77

Asked by jessduncan77 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 3 months old and runs into the same problem.I wouldn't run out and get 9-12 months clothing just yet because each brand does their sizing differently.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Some clothes are made smaller than others. My son has some 12month clothing he can wear now and he is only 6 months but then there are some 6-9 month clothing that is huge on him...so it just varies really
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• i have that problem all the time! it drives me nuts. my dd is 21 months old, and in some brands she fits a 2t but in others shes still in a 0-3 months. i dont know what to even buy anymore!
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I think many children where clothes that are a size up or more and it's common... but some clothes it depends on the brand... some sizes run big and some run small... also it depends on how long your child is or how chunky.
    My son is 11 months now... he's pretty long, his winter clothes were 12-18 months when he was 9 months... but now that it's summer and he doesn't need the length in his shorts and t shirts he is wearing 9-12 months

Your son seems very tall as well so you might have to go up in sizes, especially if they are one piece or onesies
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• my baby is 6 months old and 15 lbs and 29 inches long.. shes soo long that she needs 9 month onsies and 6 month pants but the pants fall off so have to use ribbon to hold em up and then she wears newborn shorts and 0-3 month shirts lol
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 10:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Also, keep in mind - each manufacturer has their own small "wiggle" room in sizing... just like with adult clothes but in infant clothing even an 1/8 inch is a lot :)

My 4 month old can wear some nb things still and some 9 months things :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 10:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• You just have to play it by eye.
    My daughter is 4 months and wears some 0-3 and some 6-9.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 11:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• It depends on the brand. Some are made smaller/larger than others, and you just have to get to know the trends. What I do is carry a plain onesie in my purse that I know fits my baby, and if I see something I want to get her, I'll take that out and use it to compare, and generally I'll get the size that has a little extra growing room so she can wear it longer. It's easier than trying to keep track of what brands size clothes which way.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My dd is a week and a half shy of 7 months, she wears 0-3 onsies, newborn/0-3 shorts and skirts sometimes even preemies!, 3-6 pants, 3-6 dress, size 2 shoe she's 14 lbs and 26 inches long! I think it just depends on the brand the place.......not all things are made the same.
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• TNT ur baby sounds like mine 15 lbs and 29 inches long and a week and half away from 7 months and still wear newborn/premie skirts shorts but she has too 2 wear 6-9 onsies for length and size 2 shoe as well lol
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 7:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2009