If you've been induced and they used CERVIDIL...I'd like to hear about your birth! :)

If you were induced with a CERVIDIL insert...NOT CYTOTEC ("the little pill" that has to be replaced every 4 hours) I'd like to hear your story.

No offense to anyone who has had Cytotec. But there are MAJOR MAJOR differences between these drugs.

-Cytotec is not FDA approved for induction. Cervidil is.
-Cytotec can cause contractions. Cervidil ONLY ripes the cervix. Any contractions a women has are on her own accord after her cervix has ripened from the Cervidil.
-Cytotec has a list of risk a mile long. Cervidil has minimal risk which the FDA says can be reversed in 3-12 minutes by simply removing the insert.
-Cytotec can not be removed because it disolves. Cervidil inserts can be.

Anyways my doctor says my blood pressure has gotten to the point where mine and my baby's lives are at risk. She wanted to use Cytotec but I said no so we're usig Cervidil.

I'm just nervous and want to hear other mom's stories!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure what you wan to know but here is about mine. I went to the hospital at 9 pm. They inserted the Cervidil around 9:30 and gave me a sleeping pill. I went to sleep almost right away and woke about 5 am. My back was hurting and the nurse said it was probably because I didn't move all night. She removed the Cervidil and started the Pitocin. It was uncomfortable when it was inserted and removed but not painful. It worked well, the back ache was actually contractions (back labor). My son was born about 8 hours after the Pitocin was started.
    If you would like, PM me with any questions.
    DeeGillette

Answer by DeeGillette at 7:59 AM on Jun. 30, 2009