Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

section 8 question..

to those that told me im trying to cheat the gov't by asking if the house im already in can become section 8 approved cause im getting divorced.. and telling me to get a job or roommates... ... im disabled so i get SSI right now cause i cannot work... and my parents should lose their house have to foreclose or what not cause i left him for being abusive and a cheater.?. i dont think so the aide is there to help and the house is handicap assessable so that i can move around in there . and just cause its a nice out why cant it be section 8 approved id do it all legally.. what a section 8 house has to be a run down hole in the wall piece of crap? i dont think so. i have to use a walker to move.. i cant work and its a 2 bedroom place so only enough rooms for me and my child. and i only get 500 a month ssi and idk what for child support the rent alone is 1100 a month... so i need all the help i can get right now.(cont)

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • so dont assume you know everything about me or my story before you tell me to get a job or 2 or 3 i was in a car crash and now im permanently contained to a walker. also to say get room mates gee its a 2 bedroom townhome where would i put them.. my lap???? Im doing it all legal and by the books.. so to tell me to work harder and that vs trying for PA can jam it up your butts!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

  • I saw your other question yesterday, and I did feel for you, but decided to stay out of the drama, but today....I just feel like saying my peace! LOL

    This is exactly what the system is there for, why would anyone think you would be cheating the system. This system is there for a reason, and I know lots of people misuse it and that's why everyone has this attitude now. You do deserve section 8. I think the first thing you need to do is talk to your landlord and make sure he is willing to accept section 8, then after you are approved for it they will work with your landlord to get the house certified. I'm not sure of the amount of rent section 8 will pay in your area, but they do have a limit. I wish you the best of luck and hope you can get through this process quickly.

    Answer by robinann5 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

  • Well i do know for the state that i live in if you rent a house/apt/townhouse if the landlord and the state works together and everything is up to date with state standards then the state will appove it and you are all set. Have you spoke with the landlord? I would speak with them and the talk with the state. Do you have like a case worker that can help you with the needs that you need. I would call your insurance company and see if there is someone that can do that for you. I wish you the best and i really hope that you can get your home appoved. I know that it would be really hard for you to try and find another home that would work for you and your medical issues. Pls keep me posted on what happens for you and your child. If you choose to.

    Answer by raemommy at 11:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

  • Please don't let other people get to you... this is a personal matter and your choice if you don't qualify they won't give it to you. In some states they may assist your landlord in getting your home up to par so it can be approved. I would talk to my landlord first. GL to you.

    Answer by mizsaxton at 12:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

  • ty ladies i appreciate it :)

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.