Removal from group and blocking

Does a group owner need to notify someone before blocking them from a group? I've been blocked by the same person from a few different groups - it came with no warning and no explanation. I honestly can't think of one thing I would have done to warrant such a thing. I have PM'd this person to ask for an explanation but have not gotten a reply to date. I'm really frustrated with the lack of feedback. If I did something to offend I'd like to know so I can apologize to the appropriate people. IF I violated some type of group guideline, I'd like to know that too - and really would have preferred a warning before being axed. This just came out of no where and starts to feel like some sort of personal thing more than anything else the longer it goes without a reply from the group owner.

But I digress - is there or should there be a warning system proceeding or explanation upon dismissal and blocking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Hi,

Groups are run by the moms who started them, not CafeMom. Group Owners are responsible for making their own guidelines for the group and enforcing them as desired. Group owners are able to remove posts, comments and members from their groups.

We recommend Group Owners respond to the inquiries of removed members,
    but they are not obligated to.

^The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 11:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2009