What are good small meals and snacks to eat throughout the day?

I want to try eating less food more often.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• All kinds of fruit,orange with powder chile,celery with peanut butter,raisins,rice crackers oh so good,put tuna and fat free mayonase on a tostada or you can use shredded chicken,stir fry with orange chicken or with shreded beef.I also make tortilla wraps whole grain tortillas with lettuce,mayo chicken tomotoes,onion,green bell pepers,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I eat smaller meals just by not having a huge plate...I do have them in my house for my husband. But I eat off the ones for the salad. Or do you remember the McDonald plate they use to sell at Christmas time? I eat off of that while my boy laughs at me. For snacks I eat off the dessert plates and by doing this I know I have lost huge amount of weight. But Anoymous had some good tips, too. Just eat more fruits and veggies is the best ideal, and it is what my son and I eat at snack time. Or cereal that has small amount left in it but you have many boxes sitting on the shelf, mix them together, add raisins, small chocolate chips, and yes we grab a bag of nach cheese or cheese curls and throw them in there. Also animal crackers throw them in there or have for a snack. Also another snack ideal would be jell-o or fat free pudding, crackers with peanut butter, apples with peanut butter, and celery with peanut butter. With meals,
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 11:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• my husband hates veggies and will not eat any types of veggies. So, I have to hide them most of the time. I buy a bunch of veggies and boil them down till they reach baby food type and add it to the food. Like spaghetti, all types of casseroles, and even in stuffing and mash potatoes. But I also found out that it does fill you up quicker and you do not go back for seconds. The juice I do save and add to mash potatoes, rice and stuffing. Gives it more of a flavor and it is also better then plain water and milk added to these items.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 11:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Here are some daily guidelines: drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water; eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables in at least 3 different colors; eat 6-7 servings of whole grains; eat at least 2 servings of legumes.
    Here are some of my regular meals/snacks when I am working at home:
    yogurt with frozen blueberries and granola
    whole grain toast with smashed avocado, sliced tomato and a spinkle of sea salt
    broccoli slaw (shredded broccoli stems) with peanut sauce
    carrots and hummus
    whole grain tortilla with hummus and veggies

Answer by rkoloms at 12:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I snack on alot of fruits/veggies/granola bars/dry cereal/nuts/pretzles/yogurt....ect...
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2009