4th of July and Pregnant?

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and my dh wants to shoot off fireworks for the 4th. My mom is saying I should not be around fireworks during pregnancy bc of the noise and smoke can cause problems with the baby. Has anyone else heard of this? I never thought of it before and would like to know!

Emuu

Asked by Emuu at 11:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't think that much of the noise and smoke, there really isn't too much unless you are too close. I would be more concerned of a stray accidentally hitting you? I would just be safe about it and be aware of your surroundings and use common sense. I've been hit in the side of my face with a roman candle, and have gotten hot sulfer in my eye, neither were a fun feeling. Just be careful.......4th of July is my favorite holiday, I wouldn't isolate myself from it for nothing!!
    :0)
    Happy Fourth!!
    Liz30355

Answer by Liz30355 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• nah im sure you'll be fine as long as you arent the one setting them off. stay a good distance away just to avoid any potential misfires though! and the only fireworks i can think of that are super loud that might be too startling for you is the flashbangs, which are lame ones anyway. good luck!
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 11:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2009