I lost touch with most of my friends ever since I got married & Pregnant!

How do I get them back? It seems like everyone always has something to do.. and no matter how hard I try I can't seem to get anyone to reconnect with me like when we were younger. I just want my old friends back. Ever since I got pregnant, I get really lonely when my husband is working so much.

victoria.mommy

Asked by victoria.mommy at 11:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know how hard it is for single or couples without kids to adjust to having friends who have kids. If you are having trouble getting back in contact with them maybe you could look up people who have kids who could play with yours or other pregnant women who would like to hang out? My single friends have a hard time grasping the idea that I can't do some of the things I used to now that I am very pregnant and they lose interest fast when I start talking about the upcoming baby! Your interests are changing rapidly.. maybe you should find people with more in common with you now! Good luck and feel free to msg me if you want!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:05 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• yeah, i know how you feel. i still have my friends, but none of them have kids are married any of that and it has changed things. it's also on my end because a lot of the time i just don't feel like going out packing up all the baby stuff. plus alot of my friends still want to go out drinking and for the most part i am past that and when i do go out i don't plan on staying out til 2am. we're just at different places. sorry this is not advise, just letting you know you are not alone.
    thenewmum

Answer by thenewmum at 11:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• yep i lost just a good deal of my friends when i had my first baby because we were still young and i had to "grow up and be responsible", no more doing whatever when i wanted then me and my df got together and we had another baby so i lost all of them except maybe 3. i feel lonely as heck but some friends are better to be without.if that makes sense...all i can say is maybe try to start over and find some new awesome friends who know what u r going through with married life and being pregnant.. best luck sweetie.
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2009