• In the Spotlight:

Cereal question

How long after cereal can I introduce other foods? I know to wait a week between new things but how long do I stick with just cereal?
Thanks

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 11:01 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine decided for me. She just wasn't happy with just cereal. It wasn't filling her up and so about 3 weeks after we introduced cereal we started adding baby foods one at a time starting with the veggies and then adding fruit last.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:03 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• i personally started my son at 4 months on cereal. I want to say it was within the next month that I introduced him to other solids. It might of ben sooner than that. And yes my dr also told me 1 new food a week to make sure he didn't have a bad reaction.
    thenewmum

Answer by thenewmum at 11:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• my dd is 4 months also, forgot to mention.
    she loves her cereal, she had it for the first time yesterday and wolfed it down
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 11:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• how old is your baby? I had similar question! lol :) mine is 5 months....we started him on rice cereal at 4 months...I have only been giving it to him once a day...some days he loves it and will eat a few tablespoons or more...other days he isn't so interested. I don't know if you are supposed to offer it more than once a day....and, when to try stage 1 foods....or do you switch to different kind of cereal first?
    mommy2bbear

Answer by mommy2bbear at 11:15 AM on Jun. 25, 2009