Flea Pill for dogs

My dog has taken the "flea pill"(The name of it escapes me right now but it goes by your dogs weight) and it works! We haven't had any fleas here for over a YEAR! Ya, it's $17.00 for a once a month pill. But I have found that this works better than frontline and the other stuff(advantage?) treatments.

Does anyone have any experiences with the "flea pill"?

Starfire73

Asked by Starfire73 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pets

• I know the pill you're talking about, but I also can't think of the name right now. We use Sentinel as our heartworm preventative and it has a flea "birth control" if you will. It doesn't kill adult fleas but makes it so they can't reproduce. I think it runs about $60 or $70 for a 6 month supply for our dogs' weight. Which is double that since we have two dogs. Anyway, I love it, as well. Rarely do I see a flea on them and when I do, it's just one or two. Maybe about once a month or once every two months during the warmer months I'll see a flea. When we got our youngest dog as a puppy, she had some fleas - not real bad, but still, and I think the exposure to our other dog caused them to not multiply because we didn't use it on the puppy until we had her to the vet a week or so later. She was free from the fleas after about a day. We also gave her a bath but not with flea shampoo.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Capstar
    Elijahsmommy9

Answer by Elijahsmommy9 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Never heard of it but I never trust those things. Do you know what it is made of?
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 2:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• yeap, we just gave it to all of ours yesterday. I have one wienie dog in the house and his pill is only $13.00 but hubby has 7 (sometimes more) working dogs outside, and there pills are a little bit more.
    Anonymous

• * youngfirsttimer

young...
    Never heard of it but I never trust those things. Do you know what it is made of? <~~~Nope, Don't care, they work, My dog's vet recommended them, Been using them over a year and works a hell of a lot better than the powders and sprays(OR SHOULD I SAY TOXIC POWDERS AND SPRAYS) that can hurt my child(ren) and make my dog ill if he licks it.
    Plus my dog is highly allergic to flea bites as is my son and I would rather give my dog this pill than to see my whole family suffer.
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2009