is this normal for 25 weeks???

I am 25 weeks pregnant with my second and never had any of this with my first so I am wondering if it is normal or if I need to call the dr. Yesterday morning I woke up and went to the bathroom and I had a lot of discharge...like a big glob the size of a ping pong ball but it was clear-milky white normal color...then last night I went to sleep and at 4 a.m woke up with really sharp pains in my vagina. It was bad enough to wake me up and I couldn't go back to sleep. I had one braxton hicks contraction after that but I have been getting them for about a week and a half and other than that I felt fine and now some slight cramping. Is this okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call your doctor!! Absolutely!!
    Liz30355

Answer by Liz30355 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• thats never happend to me for either one of my kids- up until I lost my plug anyway, and that could cause preterm labor this early. call ur OB
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 11:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• It sounds like you lost part of your mucus plug. They can regenerate if you don't go into labor right away. The cramps in your vagina could just be stretching pains.

However if you are having any other preterm labor signs than it's important that you call your doctor or make your way to labor and delivery to be on the safe side.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I agree with Anon 11. I have had lots of discharge starting early in this pregnancy, and cramps like you are describing. If the discharge has a strange odor or discoloration then it could be an infection, which is what they told me at the ER. I would call my doctor just to make sure but its probably ok!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:16 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• since you lost a big piece of ur mucus plug i would say call ur ob and let them know.if u have any contractions or get any pink/red discharge let her know that also. ive been losing littler pieces like the size of dimes and penny up until last week starting at 20 weks but i have preterm issues not saying it was from that..i hope that everything goes well
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2009