When do I give babyfood?

My 4 month old takes baby cereal now. When should I start veggies and fruit and juice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would start veggies now and fruit.wait on the juice one more month and make sure the baby food says #1 on it.
    krazymomma427

Answer by krazymomma427 at 11:15 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• At 6 months. Start with green and orange vegetables before the fruits though, because some babies will not eat the vegetables if you start with fruits first. Then move on to meat baby foods and of course you can also introduce infant juice if you want. On the meat only feed your baby 1-2 Tbsp; vegetables and fruit 2-4 Tbsp 2X a day; and the juice 2-4 Oz or 1/4 to 1/2 cup - do not put juice in a bottle, this would be the time to introduce a sippy cup.
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 11:15 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Wait until 6 months for fruit and veggies, it doesnt matter which one you give first. Wait until 8 months for beans and legumes as well as egg yolk. Wait until 9 months for meat.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 11:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• did you read the IBS journal?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Call your doctor and ask them when they think your baby is ready for babyfood.
    aameliaz

Answer by aameliaz at 12:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• You can start baby food any time YOU want to. It is recommended between 4 and 6 months.

I would buy stage 2 single ingredients and split it for two meals. Much more cost effective than stage 1 jars. The only difference is the size of the jar and stage 2 also offers combinations. Just don't start combinations until you've done all the single ingredients, and if there is a new ingredient in the combination jar, try it as you did all the others.

It doesn't matter if you do veggies first or fruits first. I did it three different ways...veggies first, alternate veggie and fruit, and totally by alphabetical order. There is no difference in the eating habits of any of my three boys.

I waited until 6 months for juice, and it was watered down. However, the ONLY reason I added juice was because my kids have always had a bit of a constipation battle.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2009