stay at home moms

I just finished up work as I am due at the end of July with my 2nd child and am home with my 11 month old son. What do you all do all day with your little ones. Are you canstantly interacting with your baby or do you sometimes put your baby in jumpers and stuff like that.

thenewmum

Asked by thenewmum at 11:15 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I play with my daughter when she wants attention, and other than that, she pretty much stays in her walker. She's six months old. She's content with roaming around the living room.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I let my twins climb and crawl around the baby area all day pretty much and I sing them songs like itsy bitsy spider and do the hand motions. I also read them books and sometimes we listen to Raffi and dance around. I have tambourines and drums and let them play with those. I try to interact with them as much as possible because i can not afford daycare and since I used to work at one, I know the activities that are age appropriate. They dont watch any tv, but they dont even care to see whats on anyways. One of my girls likes to climb everything so I have to be close or else she falls and gets hurt. I encourage her to climb in the baby area so she isnt climbing in her crib, but I think its just making it worse. Anyways, thats what we do!
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 11:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Even babies need to learn to entertain themselves IMO or you will end up with a toddler and then a child that needs constant entertainment! I always left my son playing in a safe place alone until he let me know he was done. Now he is 2 and can play by himself for hours (when I let him LOL)!
    JasonsMom2007

Answer by JasonsMom2007 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My daughter is 4 months so up untill now I would spend my whole day with her in my arms, or playing on the floor together, only in the swing if I had to eat or use the washroom.
    She is starting to be able to spend a bit more time alone. Well not alone, but in her swing or exersaucer with a rattle for little chunks of time. During those times I'm cleaning, doing laundry, and chugging a coffee and wolfing down a sandwich at the same time haha.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 1:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• my daughter is 14 months and my son is 3 wks, so he pretty much sleeps the day away, of course. but i take an hour or so a day to play with my daughter without interruption, usually before naptime, then she goes down for her nap, which if timed right, my son wakes up to be fed, and when she wakes, she likes to play in her room on her own for a while, and i'll go in there off and on to check on her and read stories to her
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 1:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• my dd is 9mo old and USED to entertain herself so i could do dishes or other household chores. i don't know what has changed, but now she's very clingy and i have to be in her sight at all times or she spaz's out! so we play, sing, read, etc. together all day long...some days i can't wait for nap time!
    kitkatsmommy

Answer by kitkatsmommy at 10:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2009