What's a good meal to eat before you go in for your induction?

My doctor told me to eat REALLY REALLY well before I come in for my induction.

What's a good meal to eat before going in for an induction?

Is there anything I should avoid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We had burger king. I was craving a big burger...

Sorry, not any help there!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 11:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I was told to not eat anything, or if I did, something bland like bread or oatmeal.

Reason being, if I got pain meds, it might have made me puke all over the place.

But that is quite a long time to go without food, so maybe that's why your doctor told you to eat a big meal : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I would eat a huge steak, with a huge backed potato, some kind of veggie, applesauce and texas toast :) MmMMMM im hungry now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Ya the baked potatoe sounds REALLY good. LOL

I was thinking a baked potatoe and a salad fromt he local deli. Their salads are to die for and there baked potatoes are SO yummy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• eat your heart out baby, because its kind of like your last meal before you starve for like a day! I SHOVED food down my face when my water broke before I went to L&D because once your there, until that baby is out they don't feed you, your lucky if you get ice! but I broke in some Ho ho's, and snuck them when the nurses weren't around!

LOL I needed my strength!

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 11:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I had a big bowl of shredded wheat cereal ( I was told not to eat because they don't want moms to poop all over the baby tmi I know lol but that's what the doc said ) anyway after I had the cereal I already cleared that stuff out of my system, so when baby was born I didn't poop everywhere lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I was told not to eat anything, so I didn't. Then I was on a liquid diet after the baby came...........boy did that suck! LOL
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• they tell you to eat light because labor makes some women nauseas but when i was induced i ended up getting sooo hungry by noon that i made them call my dr over to let me eat cuz there was no way i would have had enough energy to deliver without some more feul! so just eat something thats not too terrible to throw up lol as gross as that sounds, and something filled with protein. like maybe english muffins with peanut butter, a banana, and some yogurt. and good luck btw! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 11:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I had chinese food because they refused to induce me for weeks because my blood pressure wasn't high enough. I was supposed to go in later to be induced based on my blood pressure so I purposely ate salt to spike it up. I know that's horrible,but nobody was listening when I kept saying something was SERIOUSLY wrong!
    If I was JUST being induced, I would eat starchy foods that stay down well, nothing spicy or too salty--you will be really thirsty and spicy stuff won't do well in that intense of labor. I would eat lots of fruit and veggies and protein and also some potatoes or macaroni and cheese, stuff along those lines.
    NewMom2RAD

Answer by NewMom2RAD at 12:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I wasn't allowed to eat anything
    yaffamommy

Answer by yaffamommy at 1:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2009