Do you choose your kids teacher?

I requested my sons kindergarten teacher this year, and do you continue to pick their teacher or let them pick the teacher for you? Last year, they selected my daughters kindergarten teacher and he was wonderful.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 11:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I never got a choice, and BOY I wish I had-
    they just throw kids in classes, if we always had the choice to many classes would be over crowded.
    If you have THAT much of a problem with a teacher though they can't deny you a class change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I usually don't have much to say about it. I am considering asking that my SS doesn't get the same teacher he had last year. She's moving from 3rd to 4th grade and she was WAY to hard and demanding for 3rd and 4th grade. I did ask that my oldest son not be put in class with another student last year. This kid was leading him down the wrong path and I thought it better that they separate. And I still think it was. This kid is BAD! My son is still a good kid.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I was never given a choice when my dd was in public school. She got whatever teacher they said.
    The school they go to now only has 1 class per grade so there is no choice.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I have never heard of any of the public schools my 3 children attended in 2 different states allowing the parents their option to choose their child's teacher.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Alot of schools are open to requests, but won't guarantee anything. I personally will try to request as often as I can, and pray for the best.
    Anonymous

• my Mom always did for me when I was growing up but she was pretty involved there so it was allowed? they knew her?

although I know one of the teachers that could be my sons kindergarten teacher this year (she goes to same church I do) I don't know that I will request a certain one? they all seem good- I met them at a kindergarten mtg

I may ask her what she thinks of the first grade teachers though and request one next year? depends on how involved I get this year
    CoolMommyofboys

Answer by CoolMommyofboys at 12:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• No normally you don't get to pick your kids teacher. My daughter is going into kindergarten this year and she got the teacher we had hoped she wouldn't because this teacher has a reputation of not being really patient and she yells at the kids alot. I have walked by her room before and heard her yelling. If we got a choice my daughter wouldn't be in there but the school sent home a letter than parents are not allowed to request a teacehr for their kids.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2009