I smacked my kid across the face for saying the word (I'm SO sorry) Cunt.

And two mothers in the store FREAKED out on me saying it was child abuse and against the law to smack my child. HE IS FOUR and I've NEVER used that word, EVERRRRR.
I wanted to make sure it NEVER came out of his mouth again.
was I in the wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think so, sounds extreme. I would have washed his mouth out with soap (NON TOXIC SOAP BTW, no anti bac)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• For me it would be the force that was behind the smack. If it's a tap on the mouth then no but to me a smack is something that jerks the head and can leave marks. Personally I'd probably have lightly smacked his mouth as well saying out loud for all to hear that you never use that word again so they know the situation. I realize that many don't agree with any type of smacking but I do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• it is child abuse. you were wrong
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I dont agree with EVER smacking a child anywhere other than their bottom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• yes if i saw u do that i would have freaked out too, but i wouldnt have said anything to you but I would never ever ever ever ever smack my child in the mouth
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• It is NOT child abuse. You smacked him once in the mouth and honestly I would have too if my child said that word.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• i agree with the above that said it depends on the force behing the smack. If you tapped your childs mouth then thats different than a smack
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• the smack didn't twist his neck, or leave a mark, and i did scream out loud that he is NEVER to say that word EVER again or it will be worse next time- I think that's what caused the attention. This is the first time I ever smacked his face, I smacked his little butt before but I think it was only 3 or 4 times. I guess I just figured it was something that needed to be taken care of there, and I couldn't wash his mouth out in the store, but I couldn't wait to get home, because by that time, he wouldn't realize what he did wrong.

Anonymous

• It is child abuse if you SMACK a child in the mouth!! are you people kidding me>? If you are going to spank at all it should be their butts. If you had spanked his butt then it would have taught him not to say that word. there was no reason to ever smack him in the face
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• For those of you that said it was child abuse then why would you not have reported it to social services? Child abuse is child abuse and should always be reported so that it doesn't happen again. To many people let child abuse continue because they don't have the guts to make a stand. It's easy to say it's abuse but it's even harder to stand up for what you believe is right/wrong when it involves other peoples children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jun. 25, 2009