Is this normal, my 16yr. old son has the worst hygeine. I dont think he has taken a shower for 3 weeks.

janetms29

Asked by janetms29 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Just tell him straight out that he stinks. Have everyone in the family tell him he NEEDS to take a shower. If he doesn't, throw a bucket of mud on his head lol

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Both my brothers were like that growing up. I think it is some weird, stinky, teenage boy thing.
    Anonymous

• I think is may be normal, my son 15 almost 16 will go days without a shower. I tell him he stinks then he goes takes a shower. I dont get it. He just doesnt care. This to will pass I am sure. Good Luck
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 1:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Its a teenage thing. Im not sure if the shower thing is but being the mother of a 16 year old son I do have to admit that his room looks like I emptied the trash in there. If I dont go in there once in a while, I will be out of dishes. I used to call his room the bird cage because he has a thing for sunflower seeds. I can tell too when he likes a girl, he cleans his room and showers.
    jjross

Answer by jjross at 1:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• That is disgusting and NOT normal. I would push his ass into the shower, clothes and all and stand there until he cleaned himself. I don't know any 16 yr olds that go 3 weeks without a shower. That is just nasty. Sorry, it is not normal. A few days or even 4 or 5 days but 3 weeks, no way. I make my 13 yr old shower everyday and he knows I will stand at the shower and tell him where to clean and watch as he cleans.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Anyone ever have a 13 year old girl that doesn't like to shower every day and wear clean clothes?
    Allie461

Answer by Allie461 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2009