Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have to reskirt my house , but am very low on money. What can i use?

The skirting around my house has dropped and is sagging now. It was just out of wire to begin with but it kept things from going underneath it. Anyways i just got new home insurance and they went out to take pictures, and want to cancel because of the skirting, and they said that there was deterioated wood siding on the house. Well, my house doesn't have wood siding it is vinal, and it isn't deterioated, it just needs to be washed with bleach where the part that is under trees has mildew or whatever on it. So what can i try to get to fix the skirting. I am 33 weeks pregnant, and husband is out of town working on a job, and the cancelation date is July 2nd, and he wont be back before then. I am on my own, so i need something easy.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (2)
  • Check with Habitat for Humanity. They sometimes get things in that you can buy for pennys on the dollar that they can't use that were donated. They may also be able to point you in a direction of someone who may be able to help you out.

    Answer by baconbits at 11:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

  • What about using that wood lattice stuff. You can get big sheets of it at Home Depot and if you figure out how tall each piece needs to be to put around the house, they will cut if for you. Then all you would have to do is screw it on.

    Answer by slw123 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.