Losing the baby weight~plan

does any1 know a good website that has low calorie recipes that I can make after I'm pregnant. My husband is also a workout freak, so it will be good for the both of us.

OOOh yea it has to have enough good stuff, b/c I'm going to be breastfeeding.

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 1:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• In an actual answer to your question...Try allrecipies.com. They have a lot of options for all different kinds of diets. You may also try Sparkpeople.com. They encourage members to post recipes all the time.

Congratulations and good luck!!
    Shmop

Answer by Shmop at 11:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I also recommend Sparkpeople. It's awesome! You can track your calories there and all the nutrients you're getting so you can make sure you're getting what you need to breastfeed. There are lots of recipes there also. Good luck with your weight loss and congrats on your baby!
    audreybreier

Answer by audreybreier at 3:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2009