Anyone have a baby who makes grunting/growling noises? my five month old has begun doing this...not all the time but a lot...just vocalizing?

"growling" noises normal? he doesnt seem angry/upset... should i be concerned, or just normal vocalizing?

mommy2bbear

Asked by mommy2bbear at 11:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• haha my son started growling at around 5 months as well and here he is 5 months later and he is sitting on my lap still doing it.. its just vocalization, start doing it back to him and see if he responds thats what we did and now if you growl at my ds he growls right back, thats why i call him my little monster lol
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 11:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My daughter is six months old, and she went through that phase recently. It was so hilarious! Now she squeaks and squeals at everything. It's just their way of trying out their vocal chords :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• awww.....lol!! thanks so much for your help....I'm a NEUROTIC, nervous new mom and find myself borrowing trouble all the time over every new thing he does....Thank you, thank you, thank you for bringing me some comfort :) I keep calling him my little bear cub! LOL :)
    mommy2bbear

Answer by mommy2bbear at 11:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Aw, I love it when they do that. They find it so interesting that THEY can make that noise, and it helps them learn! So yeah, just vocalizing. It's really cute though huh! Congrats new mom! :-)
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Definitely normal. My son use to do it all the time. People in store would stop to coo at him and he would growl back. It was halarious.
    Blueberryplz

Answer by Blueberryplz at 1:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• yeah, my Daughter started growling at us when she was about 5 months old, then she'd do it to get our attention, i thought it was really funny
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 1:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My husband will play with our dd and growl at her to make her laugh....then we realized that she was doing it all the time.....and now, when he growls at her, she laughs and growls back....when he's not paying attention to her, she'll growl and laugh at him!! It's so cute! THey will sit and growl at eachother for hours!
    Anonymous

• Perfectly Normal!! My dd is almost 7 months, she's been doing it for sometime now. Infact, she is growling at me as i type, because i'm not lookin at her! lol.
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• my son did this a few weeks after we brought him home from the hospital, but now he is five months old and he has discovered new sounds that aren't nearly as cute. my husband called him a little bear cub.
    Anyana

Answer by Anyana at 4:11 PM on Jul. 4, 2009