anyone else dealing with chronic depression?

I am at a loss,..taking meds but they never work. Why is there no effective treatment for depression. How can I be a good Mom, when I am drownng in such pain?

2ndtimemomma813

Asked by 2ndtimemomma813 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Health

• I suffer from it as well. Have you talked to your dr about the meds not working, maybe it s not depressions, its something else,and thats why the meds arent working.

also sorry to be so nosy, ut what kind of birth control are you on?? My mirena iud causes me to be (as me DH puts it) cold. Im jsut not the same person. im on my second one now and am having it removed in a couple weeks because it changes me so much.

Just a couple suggestions, i know depression sucks, you jsut have suffer though it for awhile. If you need to talk to anyone feel free to pm me!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I also suffer from depression. I know how tough and frustrating it can be. There are thousands of antidepressants out there, they should be able to find one that works for you. I'm on Zoloft because I have both anxiety and depression. I agree with the pp, maybe there is something else going on too, besides depression.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I am currently pregnant in my last month. I have dealt with severe depression since I was teenager. I am 37 now. I have tried everything,..no one seems to know why meds or counseling really don't work. Just some sort of imbalance. I heard that they have IUD's that do not have hormones,..maybe that would help you? right now I take Prozac,..but it is barely working.
    2ndtimemomma813

Answer by 2ndtimemomma813 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I have had a thyroid done. It is normal. I have tried bipolar meds,..they did not do it either. If I had 20 grand, I think I would try that operation Vagus Nerve Implant. I am desperate. Plus, I worry about the effec t,..even though it's low of prozac on my newborn.
    2ndtimemomma813

Answer by 2ndtimemomma813 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Honestly, I am scared and hopeless. Just wanting to sleep and not wake up. Horrible,..I know.
    2ndtimemomma813

Answer by 2ndtimemomma813 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I got my depression treated halfway through my pregnancy, my dr stuck me on effexor 75, it works great, idk if youve tried that or not. prozac never worked for me before. i know everyone is different and you've said youve tried a lot. i jsut thought id try that. and from what i was told, mirena is supposed to be non hormonal...i disagree. im not too worried, im just goin to try a different kind of bc...dont knwo what kind yet.

oh i jsut rememebred hearing a commercial about "when the antidepressants just arent enough" or something like that. theres a pill you can take with them. im sorry i dont know more than that, if i see that commercial again ill tell you otherwise talk to ur dr or google it....
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Talk to your doctor about finding a medication that is right for you and also seek therapy. I suffer from the same thing, I wish there was a magic pill to make it all better. Best of luck to you.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I have depression and severe anxiety I took Xanax for a while it workd great but I noticed I got addicted and If I didnt have any left I would have and anxiety attak,I also got prescribed medical marijuana that workd pretty well to they have marijuana sodas,edibles, and suckers
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone. I wish there was an easy answer . But, it helps to hear from others. I appreciate it. Regarding the effexor, I did take it and it worked ok maybe even better than prozac,..but it is really hard to go through withdrawals if you miss a day or 2..How about you?
    2ndtimemomma813

Answer by 2ndtimemomma813 at 6:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2009