For those of you that have had preeclampsia...

If you;ve had it, how did you find out? What were the "tell-tell" signs that made you think that might be what it was and how far along were you? I've been having rapid heartbeat, a little blurred vision, shortness of breath, and pain under my right rib...which are all signs, but i have NO swelling of anything, and my b/p was 126/58...i called my dr, and they wanted me to go to L&D tonight if it got bad, but idk if im just overreacting and just have a rapid heartbeat...its anywhere from 96- 100 BPM resting now, so its calmed down...just wondering yals opinions and stories!

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 12:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My OB said the 3 indications of preeclampsia are protein in the urine, high blood pressure, and swelling especially in the face. You must have all 3 in order to be diagnosed. I had both except for the protein, so I was diagnosed with hypertension instead. I had pounding headaches, blurry vision sometimes, spots in my line of vision, and swollen everywhere. Rapid heartbeat could be hypertension, I had that too, or you may just be feeling nervous. With my 2nd, I had that pain under the ribs but no hypertension or preeclampsia. My doctor said it was just the way my big ole 10 lb baby was sitting. Since your BP is pretty good I wouldnt' think it's preeclampsia. Have they been keeping up with it at all of your OB visits?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• extreme swelling, and high bp... i cant remember all the numbers but my bottome number never dipped below 88, the whole time.... most times it was over 100.....
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I got major swelling, my feet were troll feet! I went in and I and a high blood pressure and protein in my urine. My BP was around 148/90.
    madelines_mom

Answer by madelines_mom at 1:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2009