what should with a 20 year who want pay rent. he does not have any place to go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• 20 years old is not a child. Cut the apron strings
    Anonymous

• Put your foot down, set a monthly rent rate, give him x amount of time to get a job and get it together, then hold true to your word and make him move out.
    Anonymous

• He's not a kid anymore, if he refuses to be responsible it's time to tell him "pay rent or find new living arrangements"
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I am not sure I understand the question....he won't pay rent or he wants to pay rent and stay in your home?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I would allow my son to live with me as long as he needed, under certain conditions. If he wasn't in school fulltime, he would be working fulltime and paying rent and utilities. With the way the economy is right now, jobs are hard to come by so I would help my child as much as possible. That is a parents job, and it doesn't stop when a child turns 18.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• With the way the economy is right now, jobs are hard to come by so I would help my child as much as possible. That is a parents job, and it doesn't stop when a child turns 18. ----------------------

That depends, on the kid. I have a freind who has a 20 year old. The girl thinks the world owes her a living. Her mother and step father bend over backwards for her. And she still whines, cries, and bitches " Woah is me". She has a job, but PAYS for nothing.

Her parents arent helping her, they are enabling her. Big difference, and they are recieiving the fallout.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 12:04 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Does 20yr want to pay rent? don't want to pay?
    charge him $30 a payday for rent , his phone bill, $30 a payday for water bill, make space for his "own food" he buys with his paycheck.
    carol4004

Answer by carol4004 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I WOULD THINK SO
    molly900

Answer by molly900 at 6:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• what
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2010