Do you know of any legitimate work-from-home jobs that will not cost an arm and a leg to get started in?

I am not too big on the idea of anything in telecommuting, but freelance writing, data entry, and such would be good.

I am not looking to "get rich quick"; I am just a stay-at-home mother who would not mind making a little money of her own during the baby's nap time. :)

EternalChild86

Asked by EternalChild86 at 12:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• amazon astore
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• you make a commision on sales
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA).
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 12:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Firstly a home JOB shouldn't cost you more than a background check or drug test. And they will send you directly to the testing place or have you pay a second company for the check. You should never pay for a JOB. Now, that said. There are tons of home based Businesses that you will have to invest in. Some are as little as $15 - $20 others are as high as $1000 or more... The reason for that is because you are buying in to a franchise. Take Avon, you pay $20 just to start and then you have the cost of books and samples. Does that cost make Avon less legit? No. Because it's a business and not a job.

Now, If you are looking job wise you should check out the list on my site... www.Sabrinas-Closet.info

I also have a number of low cost businesses that I am involved with. I would love to send you some info if you are interested. Just let me know.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Procard International~no fees ever required~24/7 support. I have a huge list! let me know if you want more.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I make extra money working online. I've cleared over 14k in the last year, it's not a way to get rich, but you can avoid retail/fast food jobs by doing it. You can see what I'm doing at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/ if you're interested. (Everything posted is free)

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Get paid to get your mail out of the mailbox! Either at home or at the Post Office! No FEES!
    http://www.peoplestring.com/register/?r=cindyk1982

Get paid to do surveys! FREE STUFF FROM AMAZON and INSTANT CASH! PAID EVERYDAY!
    http://www.cashle.com/index.php?ref=cindyk1982

Get paid to play games and do surveys! NO FEES EVER!
    http://cashcrate.com/322297

100% REAL, FREE and LEGIT. I have made well over $20,000 in one year! Worth checking out!

SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 6:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I've had a lot of luck with Avon. If you're interested please pm me with questions! Or you can go to www.start.youravon.com and use reference code dhullum Right now your website is free for your first four campaigns too!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Gold Canyon Candles is an awesome company to be with. Right now you can sign up for as little as $20! As a bonus you can earn your start up kit for FREE!! I would love to chat with you more about it if you are interested and send you more information out along with a tealight sample. You can pm me on here or send me an e-mail to taben04@yahoo.com. Feel free to check out my website at mygc.com/tarapiotrowicz to see all of our products. Have a wonderful weekend. ~Tara
    Tarabon

Answer by Tarabon at 12:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I work in partnership with a premier wellness company. I open preferred customer accounts for them. We manufacture and distribute a whole range of wellness products such as cleaning products that are safer, environmentally sensitive, and more cost effective. This takes care of your environmental wellness. They also have an outstanding line of vitamins and supplements, weight loss products and such that take care of our physical wellness. We actually have over three hundred wellness products. I don’t sell these products to anyone; however, I certainly endorse the products, and help others make a positive change in their lives by switching to our store. Would you be open to taking a look at our catalog?
    Please contact me if you would like more info - or take a look at my website...
    www.titree.com
    beekie24

Answer by beekie24 at 1:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2009