How much would you charge...

... for watching an 18 month old boy, 36 hours a week for a month and a half. My hubby's friend is having his son come out for a month and a half, and I'll be watching him while they are at work. I've looked for normal prices in my area, but they really vary. What would you charge? I normally do $5 an hour, but since this is more full time, I was thinking $4.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• Are they responsible for diapers, wipes and all meals and snacks?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• when i watch kids i charge by the day... since he is walking and such id charde $20 a day...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• It depends are you licensed to daycare in your home? If not you shouldnt be charging prices that actual centers would charge. Atleast I wouldnt. I Also would do by the week not hourly if it were me I would charge a flat 70 dollars a week.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I would charge by the week- rather than by the hour and have a set flat fee. You might want to ask them what they pay the current sitter.... and then use that to help you decide on a fee.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2009