IM WORRIED PLZ ANS!!!

I ASKED THIS YESTERDAY BUT ONLY GOT ONE ANSWER SO I FIGURED I WOULD TRY AND ASK IT AGAIN, MY SON IS 7 WEEKS OLD AND HIS DOCTORS AFC CALLED ME YESTERDAY HIS TEST RESULTS CAME BACK ABNORMAL FOR A LOW THYROID. THEY WANT TO TEST HIM AGAIN AND IF ITS STILL ABNORMAL THEY WANT TO STAR HORMONE TREATMENT ASAP. IM REALLY WORRIED CAUSE IF NOT TREATED IT CAN CAUSE MENTAL RETARDATION. HAS ANYONE HAD A BABY WHO HAD THIS OR KNEW SOMEONE WHO HAD IT AS AN INFANT? IF SO HOW DID THEY DO LATER ON IN LIFE?

kimmie123

Asked by kimmie123 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm sorry that I can't be of any help. I say take it one day at a time. Get the test again, and see how it turns out.

Good luck.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 1:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• You could also try the baby boards at mothering.com.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 1:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Well at least you are getting the treatment early. so don't worry about the whole retardation thing he is only 7 weeks old and it was already spotted. Just take it one day at the time and follow the directions of the Docs.
    jmann83

Answer by jmann83 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• STOP LOOKING AT THE INTERNET! trust your doctors, if it was just low & needs to be retested dont stress. my bestie's son has low thyroid & he's a perfectly normal extrememly active 3 yr old.
    emaree

Answer by emaree at 1:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2009