So many posts about PA...

But why all of the sudden? Didn't the MaJoRiTy of the country voted a MaJoRiTy of democrats into office in 06 and 08 right? This confuses me greatly...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• what is MaJoRiTy?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Majority... as in most of the country, over half....
    RavnJay

Answer by RavnJay at 1:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• lol yes that was my intended meaning. Sorry if I put too much emphasis on it... maybe the MaJoRiTy of the country is idiots too?

Anonymous

• Yes the majority of the country are idiots.. especially the ones who feel the need to capitalize every other letter =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• do you mean ARE idiots too??...lol

i did vote dem! so... i dunno.... most people arent against PA as a whole, but just the ones who abuse the system and don't try to better themselves which is way more then most here think or choose to believe
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Juliansmommy- I will respond to you firstly because I love the way every other letter is capitalized in your name and secondly because you are actually approaching the conversation instead of diverting :-D

I think idealism is partly to blame. Ideally, we'd all LOVE to help those in need. But I agree with you that it is more people who are abusive to the system than not. However, the stigma that this creates actually turns people who truly DO need help away... It's really sad.

Anonymous

• I agree with above 2 posts.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• maybe the MaJoRiTy of the country is idiots too?

ROFL that statement is just priceless! I guess you must be in that majority hahaha
    Anonymous

• The country is angry right now, many voted out of anger at the past administration, not on the merit of the candidates.  Those on PA are an easy target.  It seems that most people think people on PA are just there because they are lazy and stupid. 

This area is one of the worst.  Who gives a rats behind how the OP types her question?  She brings up a point that is worthy of discussing. 

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• At least the idiot OP isn't asking about panties when she misspells things... Yup- the topic is worth discussing.

I will say that they Republican party (from my understanding) isn't against assisting those in need. That is a common misconception. Actually, they are simply for doing it in the private sector vs having the government in charge. Either way OP, people are being idealistic. Either idealistic that the needy will get help from concerned willing citizens to give on their own accord or idealistic that the government would be able to ration out things responsibly to the truly needy. Both parties lack the reality side of this. It's a hard time. People wont be very giving. And it's hard time, so people will lie to get by easier.

I like the pp's point about voters exercising their rights out of anger rather than research and merit. We should be more mindful in the coming years.
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 1:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2009