Mom Going Back to School ??

So I want to go back to school - but the problem is I'm entirely too indecisive as to what to do; I have many many varied interests; so that isn't the problem really.

I'm looking for suggestions; in this economy/market - what do you think is the ideal career to go back to school for? What would give the most flexible schedule with my family; with the highest benefits/salary; that is also mentally stimulating...? Am I looking for too much?

Open to all replies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• Im going back to school this fall and have the same issues. I decided to major in social work because there is sooooooo much you can do with it. Plus can help others.
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• No its sounds to me like you are looking for a job that is in high demand.

I would advice you to go to your local career center and take a seriies of career centered tests that will tell you what your phsical skills are, your capablitlies, your interests etc.. the results are pretty exact.

I did mine over 10 years ago, did not beleive it and came to find out the type of wowrk i set myself up for in HS and that I do now, totally fits my personality and everything else!
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Your local comunity college can help. The classes will be relatively inexpensive and many will be online.

www.salary.com may have some information to help you

Answer by rkoloms at 2:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I would check with your local community college... they usually have all kinds of tests you can take to see what you would be good at or what interest you. Go for the career that you enjoy not what is in high demand cause whats in demand today could not be what is in demand at your graduation time.

Good Luck!
    Kristen1010

Answer by Kristen1010 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Im going back to school for Nursing. To be an RN. To me that was the best option. I wanted something flexible as well and with anything in the medical field you can choose to work at a hospital or a docs office or do private nursing (home care). The pay is great and the benifits are worth it. Good luck!
    MommyFlood

Answer by MommyFlood at 5:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I am going for criminal justice..I am thinking of going back to school in Human Resources degree after getting my bachelors in Criminal Justice.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2009