Jamaica

Has anyone been to Jamaica? What are your thoughts on it? We are thinking about going on our honeymoon there.

janessa27

Asked by janessa27 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Travel

• We honeymooned in Jamaica...Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay. We LOVED it.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My son just got back from his senior trip there. They had a great time! They took a cruise with Carnival Cruise lines. Went to Montego Bay and the Grand Cayman Islands.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 1:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I love, love, love, love Jamaica. We always stay at the Sunset Beach Resort and Spa All Inclusive in Montego Bay. Its not as ritzy as some of the resorts, but it has great food, a great beach, a water park, a ton of night activities and its CHEAP. With flight, resort, transportation, EVERYTHING - we paid $700/person - for 6 days, 7 nights!! We never vacation anywhere else!
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 3:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Jamaica, Ocho Rios - Sandals "The Grande" absolutely beautiful and the people are wonderful. Go to the Dunn's River Falls, absolutely incredible. Swim with the dolphins and enjoy the nights on the beach...wow, it has been the most wonderful time of our lives. Depending on what you are looking for, we loved Sandals....it was $3300 for 8 days 7 night and included everything other than activities...remember a few things....don't tip to much, and be sure you know if you honey tipped already.... My husband and I double tipped so many times we laughed...Just to be sure you get the best of it...pull up the area and research what you might like to do....
    minnieme2728

Answer by minnieme2728 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I think I'm the only person in the universe that doesn't like Jamaica... we've been to Ocho Rios on cruises so many times, that I just don't care for it. I don't like being hassled by people and I certainly don't enjoy being grabbed by random men trying to make me go into their booth, shop or get my hair braided. Not my thing.
    I have not been to any other place by OR, so I don't know about Sandals or the other tourist spots. I refuse to get off the ship now if our cruise stops there. I go get a massage in the spa.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 2:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2009