For those who are SO against someone being on PA

If something happened and u lost ur job and couldnt feed ur kids or afford their dr appt would u get on PA?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Why is it enough already?! People can post over and over judging people on PA but how dare anyone say anything.

OP you keep giving it to 'em.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Good god enough already!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 1:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I am not sure if you will get the answer you were looking for. But i am with you. So many people with their nose in the air acting like it can never happen to them. Well, i didn't think it would happen to me either.
    Anonymous

• Food stamps saved my husband, his mom and his brother from starving when he was a kid. His dead was a deadbeat, and his mom was working full time, but she still couldn't make ends meet without that assistance.

Now, I do believe that the system needs to be re-vamped and made better so that it will make it harder for people to scam the system, but PA should NEVER go away or be looked down upon when there are people there that really do need it.
    Anonymous

• *His DAD was a deadbeat. Stupid CM not having an "edit" button.
    Anonymous

• I'm just saying we've been over all this again and again. I'm on public assistance and I know how a lot of people feel about it and it's not right but do we need to revisit the topic yet again?
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 1:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• There is a difference in loosing your job and getting on it temporarily and being on it for years and years never taking steps to get off PA. A lot of families are second and third generation welfare receivers and there is something wrong with that. People should want better than that for their kids, I know I would.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• There are precious few who are against all pa. They are usually anon, rude, and uneducated. I'm pretty sure that the posts that are against it, the same anons are for it, rude, and uneducated. They just like drama.

No one wants to send babies to bed hungry. No one. It's just the system needs to be revamped a bit. The only incentive to get off pa is your own personal pride. If you don't have that built into you and didn't learn it from your parents, you've got nothing.

I think more pa should be put towards educating the poor on creating their own lives and circumstances. JMO.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I've rarely seen people on here putting people who actually need the assistance down. They are trying to say that there are too many people on it who have made a living off of being on welfare and that is wrong. I like that there is help for people who need it in tough times, I don't like that they continue to give help to people who have proven that they could care less to help themselves.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 2:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Well-said lovinangels, my thoughts exactly.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2009