Any idea?

Okay so with my first daughter I had an epid and it just made me super sick but I didn't think anything of it well with my second I decided to get another one and it almost killed me my blood pressure dropped and so on and so forth. Now Im pg with my third child and Im scared to get another epid but at the same time I dont think I can do it natural but Im going to try does anyone have any ideas on how to keep myself calm while in labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• kemcl...
    There are a few natural childbirth and pregnancy groups on here. I would join some of them. They have really great help for this. I would also look into hypnobirthing or the Bradley method. You could also hire a doula which reduces requests for pain medication by like 90%. You CAN do it and there is plenty of support her for you.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Birthing without pain medication is not dependent on being a "strong" woman, or being butch and pain-tolerant. I am the biggest wuss - I hate any pain - I lay down if I cough a few times, lol.... and I birthed my son without any pain meds. It's all about how you look at the labor - yes it is hard work, and painful - but it is not suffering. It's also a natural bodily function, not an illness that needs fixing. Try to look at it like that. Also, like the previous poster said, support is key. I asked for an epidural during my birth, but when my husband/birth coach and my doula responded with "You are doing great! You are almost done!", it got me through. I needed reassurance, not pain relief. I think this is often mixed up. Labor is tough, but it does end. You also get rests. YOU CAN DO IT and you'll do wonderful! GL!
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Join some natural birth groups. Also there are programs called "hypnobabies" and "hypnobirthing". Stay away from the epi. Remember: You are a woman...you can do it natural..because that's how you were born.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2009