5 weeks pregnant??

i have a question..i am really active and fit and i wanted to know since i am 5 weeks pregnant can i still work out? how long can i work out for?

missvonnie22

Asked by missvonnie22 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ask your ob or midwife. No one on Cafe without an understanding of your specific medical background can answer this adequately.
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 2:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• you asked this yesterday, did you not. You should ALWAYS maintain a healthy life style, and you NEVER have to stop working out. don't try anything super strenuous, and stick to your workout now, make sure your drinking LOTS of water, and stretch first. You never have to stop working out, unless a doctor advises you to do so (most will tell you to work out) it helps your body stay in shape through delivery. also you never have to stop working, too many people use pregnancy as an excuse to stop doing things (not saying this is who you are) just to many people JMO

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• As long as you feel ok. I worked out before I got pregnant and just kept going. I had to stop running but I do other stuff. I work out 4-5 days a week for an hour, and if I feel fatigued or puling or anything I stop and go back the next day. Just listen to your body. Working out in a healthy way during pregnancy is actually very good as long as you replenish the calories and drink alot of water.
    Anonymous

• I hope that didn't sound rude! I mean to say that working out it's self isn't horrible and there are things you can do. But you do have to be careful and your own doctor will give you advice that will be most accurate to your specific body...

I walked A LOT in my pregnancies. I will have three under three in July so I am still walking a lot lol. I have only gained 12 lbs this pregnancy. You also want to look at what your goal is. Weight loss? Just staying in shape? These are things to discuss with your doctor too. For me, my pregnancies were so close that it was okay for me to loose a bit in the first several months. But some women may need to gain. It's really different for everyone :)
    Anonymous

• i am also 5 weeks and active and my doc told me to go right ahead its the best thing for ya
    mirclebaby

Answer by mirclebaby at 9:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2009