My daughter says she scared

My daughter is almost 3, every since she was a baby she would look toward our stairs. When she was younger she would stare at the stairs and smile or go to our baby gate and point up the stairs. Now when she looks at the stairs sometimes she will tell me she is scared or she starts having screaming fits. When it is time to go up stairs at night she goes up with no problem. I am not sure why she does this, anyone have any advice about this.

hosein

Asked by hosein at 2:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• While some may not believe in paranormal sounds like she sees something or someone on the stairs. It may seem silly to some but I would go to the stairs either alone or while holding her and talk to the stairs and say "Who ever you are, you are scaring my little girl, she no longer needs to see you or hear you, please leave us alone" and most likely it'll stop! Like I said, not everyone believes in such things, but even if you don't it doesn't hurt to try it and see if things improve!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I will have to try it with her, hopefully it will make her feel better. It is also crazy because we never said nothing to my father and when he was at my house one day he said he felt like someone was watching him.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 10:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Agree with Mom2Jack about your stairs.

My son saw things and had visions when he was younger. I was kind of sad when he outgrew it, but relieved as well. He would wake up in the AM and tell me Grandma was sick and i would call her and she had been sick all night. or we were at a restaurant and he just stopped and stared out and space and then says 'sissy's, don't be afraid, that dog won't hurt you'. We found out later that at that exact time, she was at my in laws and the rottweiler they had came running through the house and scared her.
    Anonymous

• if just telling the "space" to leave your daughter alone. If your are religous you can try saying these words. It worked for my son and we aren't that religous. in a fourceful voice "If you are not here in the name of the Jesus Christ (or christ, or God or Father, or Sprit whatever you want to insert) be gone. You are NOT welcome here." Then we will pray and he goes to sleep with no issues its weird. its also good to get her involved in it as well so she feels safe. Re asure her that Mommy and Daddy will keep you safe NO MATTER WHAT! Best of luck :D
    Leauna

Answer by Leauna at 4:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2009