What is the best on the go breakfast and lunch?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• nutrigrain bar, yogurt and berries for breakfast, sandwich for lunch
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Well if you are making them at home grab some whole wheat blueberry wafles add little peanut butter and rollup and some juicebox. Kids can eat this in the car. For lunch to take make up some sandwhiches with whole grain bread, apple, cheese stiks. If you are talking bout going out to eat go for the plain salads not ceaser.
    jmann83

Answer by jmann83 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Avoid the sugars and starchy carbs that will lead to insulin spikes resulting in potential weight gain and energy crashes. Focus on protein, veggies and fruit. For a really quick breakfast I'll eat an apple + a handful of raw almonds and a cheese stick. For a quick lunch, wrap some grilled chicken breast, lettuce, roasted red bell pepper slices and 1 TBSP vidalia onion dressing in a whole grain wrap and enjoy. Your energy will last longer than with anything sugary.
    Intrepid

Answer by Intrepid at 2:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Breakfast burrito: whole grain tortilla with refried beans, brown rice, egg scrambled with salsa, sprinkle of cheese
    whole grain toast with avocado, slice tomato, sprinkle of sea salt
    smoothie: frozen blueberries, frozen banana chunks, kale (lots of calcium and iron), splash of orange juice (vitamin C to increase iron abosorbtion), yogurt
    whole grain tortilla with hummus and fresh veggies
    salad with whole wheat pasta, black beans, veggies, vinegar and oil dressing
    quinoa (loaded with protein and complete amino acids) salad with lots of veggies

Answer by rkoloms at 3:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I like to take the eggo's that are flavored with maple syrup (toast them) and put ham and cheese in the middle. The cheese melts. It takes like a mc griddle. I'm not much on healthy food. I think it taste like crap.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• fresh fruit (bananas!)

or a granola bar! (my favorite!)...high fructose corn syrup though and processed so...best bet would be fruit.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• these little pancake things with eggs in them at wal-Mart! they have a tiny bit of syrup in them to.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• scrambled egg w/cheese wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla
    any fresh fruit
    cheese sticks
    cut up veggies
    my personal fav was nutri grain bar and string cheese washed down with a mt. dew, when it comes to rush hour there is no thought as to what goes together
    another was snickers and coffee
    shredded mini wheats in a ziplock..I say mini wheats because they are filling and provide lasting fuel.
    There's the old standby of pb&j
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:54 AM on Jun. 26, 2009