is it bad

Is it bad that im 18 weeks and i havnt felt movement the doctor said everyone is different but also that i should be feeling something by now but im not, I knw the babys in there they let me hear the heart i just idk

wow PLEASE PLEASE idk whats going on help

21_n_pregnant

Asked by 21_n_pregnant at 2:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Im 33 weeks and I;ve only gained 20 lbs your only 18 weeks and have already gained 25 lb, thats prolly why you havent felt the baby yet, your packing on to much weight to fast, hon- this is your first pregnancy so chances are your not even showing yet- most wont "show" until 24-26 weeks. cut down and carbs, and drink a TON of water. you'll feel him soon as long as you dont contine to pack on that weight.
    I will give you some advice I didnt follow, take it or leave it.
    My doctor told me that alot of women tend to over eat in early to mid pregnancy and just assumed they were showing, when it came to the end they were 40-60 or MORE lbs heaver post pregnancy. these days doctors will tell you to try not to gain more than 20-25 lbs.
    I ate my first pregnancy and just thought i was "showing" I was just geting fat. I never lost that baby weight- take it easy mama
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• nope i didn't feel anything til 20 weeks, and you actually might just not be in tune to it. my movements don't feel like "butterflies" or any crap other people say its like.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I didnt feel mine until 22 weeks, your gonna have ppl tell you they felt theres at 10 weeks or 12 weeks or 16 weeks and all that is BULL- I mean MAYBE at 16 weeks if its there second, but every pregnancy is diff- most doctors will say between 18-23 weeks is normal.
    are you a smaller gal, or a bigger gal?
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• im smaller i wiegh 140 before pregnancy now i weigh 165
    21_n_pregnant

Answer by 21_n_pregnant at 2:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• judith is right, my baby bump is mostly chunk from over eating i'm sure.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• This is my 1st pregnancy & I 1st felt the baby move @ 18 weeks. I'm now 29 weeks & my baby girl is moving all the time!! As judith said, you may wanna cut back a lil bit...i was 115lbs pre-pregnancy & weigh 127 lbs now. If the dr.s heard the heart beat, most likely everything ifine, but all the books & forums say that if your a lil heavier, you'll have trouble feeling the baby move. It'll happen in time, but for now, make sure you stay active & eat HEALTHY!!!! Thats really important!!! Good luck!!!!!!! Pm me if ya wanna exchange some stories or have questions!
    mandi0986

Answer by mandi0986 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I will be 18 weeks in 2 days and i havent felt movement yet either. If you heard the heart beat and they Dr isnt worried i wouldnt be either. I know i mihgt not be feeling mine yet because pre-preg i weighed 308 and i have only gained 4 pounds (i hope not to gain anymore than the weight of the baby and fluids) and when i went to my last appt it took the doc 10 mins to find the heart beat (i figure its cause of all the fat on my belly lol) But relax and maybe meditate it might help you tune into your body and your baby better.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2009