Any ideas?

I am looking for some different things that are easy to make for my 5 kids for lunch. I am tired of the standard mac-n-cheese, soup, and sandwiches. Does anyone have any good quick recipes that the kids can help make?

jmann83

Asked by jmann83 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• We do lettuce wraps and tortilla wraps often here. You can put anything you like in them. I like to do the lettuce wraps with couscous, black beans, corn and salsa. The tortilla wraps I use lunch meat, cheese and spinach.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I have a huge list of bagged lunches that I have collected over the years. If you send me a message, I will be happy to forward it to you.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Homemade pizzas! You can use crescent rolls (you stick 2 triangles together for each pizza) or you can use pita bread. Each kid can help with cheese and toppings!!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Hamburger helper should feed 5 kids. And that's quick and easy!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I make pizzas for myself (pregnant with my first) using whole wheat english muffins, pizza sauce or marinara sauce - whichever I have on hand, and sliced cheese. I toast the muffins, add the sauce and cheese and then bake in the over at 350 on aluminum foil for about 5-10 minutes. You don't have to bake them, I just like the way the cheese melts when I do.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My kids like to have a plate of lunch meat, wheat crackers, cubed cheese, nuts, fruit and raw veggies. We usually have apples, pears or grapes, carrot sticks and black olives. The kids help put it all together. I just make sure that there's cubed cheese and cut up carrot sticks in the fridge. No cooking, and all the food groups are covered.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2009