how do you keep from being worried in the first few months of pregnancy?

My doc appointments are 4 weeks apart still. I have a hard time with that four weeks, because it bugs me not to know that everything is ok. I can't feel, see or hear the baby to know its forming and growing normally... So I just kinda get nervous somtimes. Do any of you ladies have this issue? what do you do about it?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 2:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes i had the same issue all the way until he was born now he is a healthy 6 month old lil boy
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 2:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• if your overly concerned you should talk to a therapist, that's what my OB told me to do. It helped me A LOT

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I wish I could give you some magic answer that would put all your worry and fear to rest, but I can't. I think it perfectly normal and natural for a Mama to worry for her baby in early pregnancy. I did all three times I was pregnant. Try not to dwell on fear of the worst. Be happy that you are pregnant to begin with. That helped me some. To think of how lucky I was. Some women try for years and years and never convieve a child. Try and stay positive! : )
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 2:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• You really can't. Then you worry about the birth, then about their eating and breathing, then about falls from walking, and it goes on and on. My oldest is only 7.5 and you just don't stop worrying about each milestone and the progress your children make. Best wishes.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I worried. Nothing I could do about it so I did nothing. NO sense in wasting extra energy on something I can not control. Even seeing or hearing the heartbeat would do little to have eased my mind because a miscarriage still could have happend regardless. Peace of mind came slowly after the first trimester was over. And one day the worry was just not there and I hardly noticed because I didn't let it take over.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• haha, you think you have it bad. I was pregnant while in nursing school. The course I was taking during pregnancy was called nursing 300, childbearing and childrearing. It was all about pregnancy and the multiple complications that can arise and then everything that can happen after they are born. Everything from birth defects to heart conditions to stillborns. The teacher even approached me after class and asked me if I was okay because of the content that we were learning. I eventually just had to breath and stop thinking about it. He is 8 months old now, healthy as can be!
    linzamer21

Answer by linzamer21 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I felt the same way throughout my pregnancy. It was my first so I had no idea what to expect and I thought that 4 weeks between each appointment was a lot and I also had a hard time finding a doctor that liked. Once I found my doctor - she suggested a few books for me to read. A couple about what is going on week by week with my body and the fetus in my tummy and some about the first year of a babys life. She also told me about a couple funny novels based of true stories that helped me know what was going on and helped me relax a little. One of the novels was call "knocked up". I dont remember who is was by - and it has nothing to do with the movie that came out. the cover it has a martini glass with a pacifier around it. I think all pregnant ladies should read it. It made me feel like I wasnt the only one out there who was feeling or thinking certain things...Good Luck...
    thejewlzrhis

Answer by thejewlzrhis at 5:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2009