What would you do?

If it were 90 degrees outside & you just got out of your car to go inside the grocery store. On your way, you spot a small child inside a vehicle, what do you do? I just read this article/slideshow on weather.com (http://www.weather.com/newscenter/specialtopics/slideshows/hotcar061909.html). Frightening..

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 2:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• Or even an animal?
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 2:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• call 911 asap... lots of children adn animals die that way
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 2:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Call 911 if the child is conscious. If not, I would be breaking a window and then calling 911.

Animals are a bit trickier unfortunately. They're considered property in some areas, and I'm not able to afford a lawsuit because I destroyed someone's property because of it. I would dial 911 first and then decide what would be best to do on their advice.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I would call 911 right away, That child or animal can die, how would I feel if I didn't call, went inside and came back out to find an ambulance around that car taking out a child who died of heat stroke.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• It is perfectly legal to break the window of a car in order to get a child out that has been left there. It is a criminal offense (in some states I know.. not sure about all states) to leave a child unattended in a car, especially in the summertime. I cannot imagine the depths of stupidity it would take to do such a thing, especially since you hear about these cases every year!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 2:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I call 911. I have done it before...

Answer by rkoloms at 3:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Break the window, and get the kid out! Then I would call 911, so they could arrest whoever left the child there. It scares the h... out of me just thinking about it. I never understood why some parents would do that. Live in texas, and today it's 101. Lots of babies die in cars down here, it's just horrible.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 4:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• call the cops even if it is a dog....
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• For a child i would break the window then call the cops. For the animal call the cops.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 4:37 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• i would brake the window and call 911 and get the baby are kid a drink and in to a cool place..... there is no rasin for a kid to be left in a care i dont care how much sleep you had are how many kids you got i have 3 kids all under the age 5 and i have never left them in the car....
    lilangel19

Answer by lilangel19 at 1:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2009